PEACE AND QUIET
Switch off completely. No traffic, no noisy neighbours, no distractions. Time slows and deadlines melt away.
Set in an exclusive location, our stunning barn is the perfect location to experience life away from the everyday.
Formerly a hay store and stable, the barn has been meticulously converted and is set in the most stunning location on the edge of Exmoor National Park. It is the perfect place to enjoy time with friends and family, and sleeps up to 12 people across 5 en-suite bedrooms.
There is a spacious and cosy lounge for those movie nights by the fire (where you’ll find a large selection of DVDs, books and games). Leading from the lounge is the most stunning kitchen/diner, which boasts a huge kitchen table that will comfortably seat twelve revellers.
Pull back the bi-fold doors and the kitchen merges with the extensive patio, looking directly across the valley and onto your own private golf course. On the patio you’ll find a large table for alfresco dining, bbq, outdoor sofas (for a snooze after lunch) and of course the cedar hot tub, imported all the way from Canada.
While the golf course is not exactly Gleneagles (we call it ‘field golf’), the 3 holes have been designed to provide fun for anyone, with some wonderful shots from high tees to low greens across the brook. Playable most of the year (unless its been really wet!), the tees are off all-weather range mats and the greens have 8 inch cups…. to make it a bit easier!
The views are not just all around you, but above your head as well. The barn is located within Europe’s first dark sky reserve, so on a clear night, turn off all the lights and gaze upwards…. the star gazing is literally out of this world.
Dog friendly, the barn is a real home from home where you can enjoy long walks with your four-legged friend, and come back to a truly luxurious base.
Positioned with panoramic views over the fields and woodland, perfect for exploring, enjoy a picnic down by the lake, take a dip or a paddle in the stream or climb Croft Knap to take in the views and say hello to the resident iron stag.
Celebrate with a glass of bubbly in the large hot tub or toast marshmallows over the fire-pit, as you reconnect with loved ones.
Our aim is that you won’t want to leave.
The Barn is kitted out with everything you could possibly need. Just bring yourself…and possibly some wellies.
- Five bedrooms all with en-suite bathrooms (first floor: 2 king-size, 1 double, 1 twin with 2 additional pull out beds, ground floor: 1 superking-size that can be changed to a twin).
- All bed linen and towels (not including hot tub towels)
- Hairdryers in all the bed rooms
- Lounge with wood burner (endless logs provided)
- TV/DVD in lounge and in twin bedroom.
- Open plan kitchen/diner with large electric range oven and induction hob, 2 large full length fridges, microwave, dishwasher and wine cooler)
- Separate WC on the ground floor.
- Utility/boot room/dog room (with washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron, airer, freezer and sink)
- Underfloor heating
- Free and unlimited Wi-Fi
- Audiopro speaker (Bluetooth/wifi/plug in)
- Book & DVD library, games (inc giant Jenga, chess and boules set)
- Stair gates, 2 travel cots and 2 highchairs are available
- Garden furniture
- Picnic blankets
- BBQ and fire-pit area
- Golf clubs and balls
- Private field and separate games paddock
- Parking for up to 5 cars
- Plus all the household basics!
- Beautiful bell tent in the paddock for rent (just let us know in advance and we’ll set up some comfy beds for you!)